Stuffed Red Peppers or Mahshi in Arabic.
- 3 lbs. fresh ground turkey
- 4 red peppers ( you can use any peppers, eggplants or zucchini instead)
- 1/2 Tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of rice
- 1 spoon of dried basil
- 2 spoon of salt
- 1 spoon of black pepper
- 1 spoon of garlic (you can use any type of garlic, mashed or in powder)
- 1 spoon of citric salt (you can use a lemon instead)
- 3 cups of water
- On a bowl mix the turkey, 1 spoon of salt, black pepper, the rice.
- Cut the top part of the pepper, for you to fill out with the turkey. If you use another vegetable, make sure you make only one cut so the mix doesn’t go out the other end. (check out my picture)
- Fill in the peppers with the mix.
- If you have leftovers, you can put it in aluminum foil (creating like a package) and place it on the bottom of the pot.
- Place the peppers on top
- Add water, tomato paste, basil, black pepper, 1 spoon of salt, garlic, and citric salt.
- Cook for 45 min in medium/low
- Make sure the rice is cooked, then you can take off the stove.
- Leave it with the lid for half an hour after it’s cooked and you turned the heat off.
- Serve and enjoy…or as we say in Arabic: Sahten!
#yourhelpfulfoodie #yourhelpfulfoodieinmiami #recetas #recipes #arabicfood #recetas #comidaarabe